The third installment starts right where the last one left off with a pissed off Smaug heading to Lake-town to let loose with some fiery vengeance, poor old Bard (Luke Evans) has been locked up by the corrupt Master of Lake-Town (Stephen Fry) and his stooge Alfrid (Ryan Gage) so he is at first unable to fight of the fire breathing dragon.
The Dumb and Dumberer of Middle Earth.
This on the other hand needs no action additives.
Orcs with Frankenstein plates in their heads on the other hand is okay
Remember when this was about a Hobbit and his fun adventures with the dwarves?
“I’m sorry, but I’m immortal and you…you are short.”
Dwarves on War Goats!
• Bard must have rolled a natural 20 with his +4 arrow.
• The villains all had way too many, “Oh shit, he’s not actually dead!” moments.
• Were those bat creatures from Skull Island?
• I’ll admit the spectral nine that will become the Ring Wraiths were pretty sweet looking.
• Galadriel (Cate Blanchett) rocks the Dark Queen thing really well.
• Legolas (Orlando Bloom) steering a peg-legged troll was damn ridiculous.
• Bilbo Baggins, Action Hobbit! Really, was that necessary?
• Will elf king Thanduill (Lee Pace) ever discover the true meaning of Christmas?
“Hey, Santa wants his deer and elves back!”