For some strange reason the first Sharknado somehow captured the public zeitgeist and became the most talked about SyFy movie to date so it is a surprise to no one that we got a sequel and no surprise it is just as bad and just as entertaining as the last one.
A Ticker-Shark Parade.
Chainsaw of the Gods.
• Sewer workers are attacked by an alligator which in turn is eaten by a shark.
• Sharks tend to rip people’s faces off.
• The Today Show is quick in coming up with Sharknado graphics.
• Subway train is chased by a tidal surge full of sharks.
• The storm rips the head off the Statue of Liberty and chucks at a Wall Street banker and then proceeds to chase our heroes down the street ala the boulder in Raiders.
• Unable to find chainsaws they settle for using a broadsword to slice sharks in half.
• His family outfit themselves with Flame throwing Super Soakers.
• Fin and Skye toss propane bombs at Sharknado but all this does is goes flaming sharks to fall from the skies and attack.
• Our heroes are chased up a high-rise by rising waters and back down by flaming sharks.
• Fin figures out the only way to stop this F5 Sharknado is to blow the Freon tanks at the top of the Empire State Building.
• Fin and Skye have to become human lightning rods to blow the tanks.
• Because Skye is a rival to April and guilty of being black in a monster movie she is blown up and eaten.
• Fin also blown sky high but manages to ride a shark back down to the observation platform.
• New Yorkers take to the streets with any weapon they can find to kill the falling sharks.
• A final shark is about to kill Fin and April but Fin reaches into a nearby dead shark and retrieves April’s severed hand that is still clutching the Air Marshals gun.
• Fin shoots the shark then takes April’s wedding ring off the severed hand and proposes to her.